SkoleLinux is a distribution intended to simply create a local area network within a learning workshop.
SkoleLinux project was born in 2001 in Norway to meet Norwegian schools needs. With success growth, many developers and translators joined this project to localized it in several languages.
Simplistic, and even minimalist for some aspects , SkoleLinux distribution  is able, with only one CD-ROM, to set up a local area network (LAN). Indeed, its installation mode  allows (amongst other things) the following possibilities:
- main server installation mode 
- workstation installation mode 
- autonomous installation mode .
To be certain of an existing perfect graphic board compatibility, installation process proceeds only in text mode. It could be considered spartan by some users, but we found the interface to be very clear and having a good designed assistant. You are dealt with from installation beginning to the end of it, and explanations are comprehensible by all.
Main server installation mode is automatic and removes completely all existing partitions on hard disk. Other installation modes will offer the possibility to manually create partitions or to let the system automatically creates them on the hard disk.
If you choose to create partitions manually, you will have to use Linux cfdisk .
In a nonexhaustive way we can point out:
- a centralized LDAP directory,
- a Web server
- a mail server
- a file server...
Still in project development, SkoleLinux distribution is already very stable and fully operational.
 It is its beta 2 version, and thus it is still in development.
 based on Debian
 available in several languages
 installs on a computer file, mail, Web and LDAP directory servers
 installs on a computer a SkoleLinux server client
 configures a computer which will not be connected to a SkoleLinux server
 a bit difficult to control, I agree
 as well as for the principal server installation mode
 like an MS Windows intended to be used
 because all their datas are stored on server
 with MS Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. operating systems
Sur le Framablog
- Apprendre le Web avec Mozilla Webmaker (4)
- Framasoft présente : Vosges Opération Libre, le 17 et 18 mai à Gérardmer
- Le Geektionnerd a 5 ans
- Le nouveau cursus de notre école d'ingêneur
- Apprendre le Web avec Mozilla webmaker (3)
- AGPL : à partir de quand demander les sources
- Install party samedi 19 avril 2014 @nnexe Paris gare de Lyon
- APL Apéro Parisien du Libre du 15 avril 2014
- fonction embed impossible avec l'https
- Android owncloud DAVdroid ???
- aCal aCalTasks syncronisation owncloud
- "Latence" sur Framacalc
- service libre de questionnaire (limesurvey ?)
- Quels simulateurs macro-économiques
- Linux sur disque USB externe
Juste une image
- No title
- Creative Commons BY