SkoleLinux is a distribution intended to simply create a local area network within a learning workshop.
SkoleLinux project was born in 2001 in Norway to meet Norwegian schools needs. With success growth, many developers and translators joined this project to localized it in several languages.
Simplistic, and even minimalist for some aspects , SkoleLinux distribution  is able, with only one CD-ROM, to set up a local area network (LAN). Indeed, its installation mode  allows (amongst other things) the following possibilities:
- main server installation mode 
- workstation installation mode 
- autonomous installation mode .
To be certain of an existing perfect graphic board compatibility, installation process proceeds only in text mode. It could be considered spartan by some users, but we found the interface to be very clear and having a good designed assistant. You are dealt with from installation beginning to the end of it, and explanations are comprehensible by all.
Main server installation mode is automatic and removes completely all existing partitions on hard disk. Other installation modes will offer the possibility to manually create partitions or to let the system automatically creates them on the hard disk.
If you choose to create partitions manually, you will have to use Linux cfdisk .
In a nonexhaustive way we can point out:
- a centralized LDAP directory,
- a Web server
- a mail server
- a file server...
Still in project development, SkoleLinux distribution is already very stable and fully operational.
 It is its beta 2 version, and thus it is still in development.
 based on Debian
 available in several languages
 installs on a computer file, mail, Web and LDAP directory servers
 installs on a computer a SkoleLinux server client
 configures a computer which will not be connected to a SkoleLinux server
 a bit difficult to control, I agree
 as well as for the principal server installation mode
 like an MS Windows intended to be used
 because all their datas are stored on server
 with MS Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. operating systems
Sur le Framablog
- Popcorn Time, mieux que Netflix pour voir des films en streaming via BitTorrent !
- Le journalisme open source, selon OpenWatch
- Framapad : 3 tutoriels vidéos en situation d'éducation
- Geektionnerd : Le goto fail de GnuTLS
- Conseils pour bien préparer son hackathon autour d'un projet libre
- installer Ubuntu sur ordinateur
- Logiciel libre et conséquences pénales ?
- Pouet pouet
- Simplifier la communication par mail dans une asso
- Programme portable qui n’apparaît pas
- Diagramme de Gantt ? Outil de gestion de projet ?
- FramaDate (OpenSondage) : relecture du code et corrections
- Gestionnaire d'inventaire - Gere les cartons d'un demenageme
- Live chat pour support /aide
Juste une image
- Lovely sand
- Creative Commons BY