Libranet distribution is designed to establish a work station and is maintained by a Canadian company: Libra.
Thus, yet another Linux distribution as a lot of others?
Not really, and for several reasons:
First one is that Libranet is a Free software license distribution and a software to pay... As it is Free as Freedom but not as beer (as whatever you want in material world) .
How can this be? Simply because nothing can force a Free software developer to give it for money free. Of course, you are also free to distribute your own Libranet to whom you want, but it’s neither an obligation for you, nor for developers. 
Second one is that this Linux distribution is dedicated to general public while being based on Debian, famous and "complex" distribution.
Main trick is in adding to a Debian base a more intuitive installer, plus a configuration panel named "adminmenu" in which we will find all features needed to simply configure all administration side of your operating system .
Once easily overtaken these system administration steps , users can enjoy Debian qualities, particularly its administration easyness and its legendary stability, and then get time to learn at their own rhythm command line ...
Note that licence is "globally" GPL, but Libranet comes with some softwares (Acrobat, Netscape...) which are not GPL.
 This Free software business model, based on the Free Software Foundation philosophy seems trendy. A way to make business to be looked on with attention by all those who wonder how to concile Free software and profitability.
 displaying, software installations, network management...
 on which beginners are generally definetely stopped (and frequently also are less beginners!)
 if they want!
Sur le Framablog
- Beginning with Code_Aster, un nouveau Framabook
- Geektionnerd : Dépêches Melba XIII
- Pourquoi les banques entrent en guerre contre la monnaie Bitcoin
- La licence la plus fermée du monde (version 1) #PasSerieux
- Un magazine Linux décide de libérer son contenu après 9 mois de publication
- Gant Project 2.6 Portable
- Bonjour à tous, applications portables
- Petit soucis de script
- J'ai un projet qui consiste à personnaliser mozilla firefox
- Bonjour, Hello Hola :)
- depuis mac?
- Lecteur Vidéo capable d'afficher 2 sous titres en même temps
Juste une image
- culture is not a crime
- Creative Commons BY-SA