Libranet distribution is designed to establish a work station and is maintained by a Canadian company: Libra.
Thus, yet another Linux distribution as a lot of others?
Not really, and for several reasons:
First one is that Libranet is a Free software license distribution and a software to pay... As it is Free as Freedom but not as beer (as whatever you want in material world) .
How can this be? Simply because nothing can force a Free software developer to give it for money free. Of course, you are also free to distribute your own Libranet to whom you want, but it’s neither an obligation for you, nor for developers. 
Second one is that this Linux distribution is dedicated to general public while being based on Debian, famous and "complex" distribution.
Main trick is in adding to a Debian base a more intuitive installer, plus a configuration panel named "adminmenu" in which we will find all features needed to simply configure all administration side of your operating system .
Once easily overtaken these system administration steps , users can enjoy Debian qualities, particularly its administration easyness and its legendary stability, and then get time to learn at their own rhythm command line ...
Note that licence is "globally" GPL, but Libranet comes with some softwares (Acrobat, Netscape...) which are not GPL.
 This Free software business model, based on the Free Software Foundation philosophy seems trendy. A way to make business to be looked on with attention by all those who wonder how to concile Free software and profitability.
 displaying, software installations, network management...
 on which beginners are generally definetely stopped (and frequently also are less beginners!)
 if they want!
Sur le Framablog
- Geektionnerd : Le goto fail de GnuTLS
- Conseils pour bien préparer son hackathon autour d'un projet libre
- À propos du Festival des Communs en mai en Grèce
- Les Communs, candidats aux municipales : 16 propositions pour tout de suite
- Bye bye Google Groups, bonjour Framalistes !
- Logiciel libre et conséquences pénales ?
- Pouet pouet
- Simplifier la communication par mail dans une asso
- Programme portable qui n’apparaît pas
- Diagramme de Gantt ? Outil de gestion de projet ?
- FramaDate (OpenSondage) : relecture du code et corrections
- Gestionnaire d'inventaire - Gere les cartons d'un demenageme
- Live chat pour support /aide
- Base de données décentralisée à l'usage des États
Juste une image
- me sitting on some concrete
- Creative Commons BY-SA