Miranda (Instant Messenger) is the perfect example of the flexibility of the opensource community. Despite having initially been designed to be an alternative to ICQ , it can today use and connect to most communication protocols. This is why Miranda is said to be an inter-operable IM client, aiming at eliminating all the limits between users of different instant messaging tools.
As mentioned, this piece of software features muti-connectivity, with MSN, Jabber, ICQ, AIM and IRC as default protocols.Even if not all the features of each protocol is available, we have to admit that it does have a nice and complete interface; and there is also practically no limits to Miranda’s functions, thanks to its numerous plugins.
70+ Language Packs, inlcuding Polish, Russian, French, Spanish, Portugese, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Bulgarian...etc
The ability to tweak Miranda the way you want, with available tools and sources.
The only setbacks are the fact that it is not very ergonomic, and the incompatibility of certain plugins with the latest version. Nevertheless, selecting the various components of YOUR Miranda can be fun!
Plz. Note that re-subscribing to different chat protocols is not necessary as you can log in using existing accounts. The GUI, being very friendly user and similar to that to ICQ and MSN, will help users to settle down more easily, despite that configuring it might not be an easy task!
Sur le Framablog
- Geektionnerd : Enseignement du code à l'école
- Linagora ou Blue Mind ? Framasoft ne se prononcera pas sur des allégations
- Ne plus nourrir les monstres
- Geektionnerd : RMLL 2014 - Fin
- RMLL 2014
- Disque externe hfs en lecture seule
- Problème de couleur
- Changer la langue d'un clavier sous xubuntu
- LibreOfficePortable : décimales
- au sujet de mon netbook gdium
- framabag certificat SSL revoqué
- rendre vierge ma clé
- Soumettre une notice pour un logiciel dont on est l'auteur
- Blender - Projet Gooseberry
Juste une image
- Bowling in Boston
- Creative Commons BY