You may well ask yourself what is a "translation memory"?
The OmegaT is a translation memory and its main features are: creating while you are translating any translations a data base of text segments with their equivalents in the source languages. So, when OmegaT identifies an identical or similar text segment, it displays it (very handy for specialized translations) and puts it in the appropriate segment during the translation process.
OmegaT translation memory is multiple OS software quite easy to command, working on Java (on JRE, remember to install it first...), which segments (and enumerates) text for translation. It is presented as follows:
- a left pane
- place where text segments, from created data base, appear when any equivalences occur
- a right pane with
- an upper part for segment to be translated
- an intermediate part where the segment translation is written
- a lower part with various text segments which are not yet translated
After installing OmegaT, you must first create a work folder. Then, launch OmegaT and open this work folder where various sub-folders will be automatically created. In the "Source" file, place the document to be translated (only formats *.txt, *.htm and *.sxw are used). The translated document will be automatically recorded in the "Target" file with the same page design and organization (as we could see when we recently tested it).
Various types of searches (edit/find) are possible: by segmentation, words (source and target languages).
Recently, when we were writing this presentation, we recommended (as well as... the author, coincidentally!) to use version 1.0.2. instead of the newest one, because version 1.3.5., although stable, is still an alpha (less stable than version 1.0.2., less rich in features and less intuitive).
Sur le Framablog
- Beginning with Code_Aster, un nouveau Framabook
- Geektionnerd : Dépêches Melba XIII
- Pourquoi les banques entrent en guerre contre la monnaie Bitcoin
- La licence la plus fermée du monde (version 1) #PasSerieux
- Un magazine Linux décide de libérer son contenu après 9 mois de publication
- Gant Project 2.6 Portable
- Bonjour à tous, applications portables
- Petit soucis de script
- J'ai un projet qui consiste à personnaliser mozilla firefox
- Bonjour, Hello Hola :)
- depuis mac?
- Lecteur Vidéo capable d'afficher 2 sous titres en même temps
Juste une image
- efatima : flickr friend in dubai
- Creative Commons BY