- OS: Unix, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc.
- Language: English.
- Size: approx. 350 Kb.
- Licence : GNU General Public License (GNU/GPL).
- Tested version: 0.67
Clam antivirus is a powerful antivirus tool for Unix systems. Based on the OpenAntiVirus project, it detects currently more than 20,000 viruses and is weekly updated.
Installation can be achieved with all kind of Unix (Posix Operating Systems) distribution packages (RPM for RedHat based Distributions, DEB for Debian based distributions, but also packages for BSD, AIX, Solaris, etc.). To get the best from the very last version, you can always perform the installation by compliling the sources (which is a bit more complicated).
Clam antivirus principal asset is its daemon, Clamd, which functions as a background task and is easily plugged, via additional modules, with essential softwares. Amavis module, for example, will be useful as an excellent plug between your communication server (Sendmail, Qmail, postfix...) and Clam antivirus, and will allow Clam daemon to supervise input and output of any electronic mail. Mod_clamav module will plug your Apache Web server with your Clam antivirus. And last but not least, this daemon is not very greedy in resources and Clam antivirus could be installed even on lightest configs.
You will be able, of course, to carry out a scan antivirus on your system (or on every directories or files on your computer) by using the command clamscan. Updates are carried out very simply by the command freshclam (operation can be automated using Cron).
Light and powerful, Clam antivirus is The antiviral free software solution, and for those who would still doubt about its performance, updates for antiviral signatures are fast and integrate all new viruses (Bagle, MyDoom,...)
Sur le Framablog
- La mère Zaclys : petite asso et grands services !
- Journée de Libération des Documents
- Framapad : le renouveau
- les rencontres Framasoft à venir
- MyPads : second point sur le développement
- Disque externe hfs en lecture seule
- Problème de couleur
- Changer la langue d'un clavier sous xubuntu
- LibreOfficePortable : décimales
- au sujet de mon netbook gdium
- framabag certificat SSL revoqué
- rendre vierge ma clé
- Soumettre une notice pour un logiciel dont on est l'auteur
- Blender - Projet Gooseberry
Juste une image
- Laundry Room Squelchers
- Creative Commons BY-SA