Here is the story of a representative case that perhaps could set a fashion: the ‘opening’ of a propietary software and its adoption by the open source community.
The collecting of € 100,000 through the Internet was necessary to make this possible. Success has been the issue and this fact is a high testimony of motivation and generosity from many surfers.
What is ‘Blender’? We can resume the answer as follows: Blender is for 3D what The GIMP is for 2D, no more, no less! Why would you risk the fatal hammering of stone-hearted judges in dark court houses, facing highly paid and angry attorneys after being caught in the act cracking Maya when you can make 3D modelling using this extraordinary FREE and OPEN computer tool, which, by the way, has already been used in movie-making by Hollywood ?
The source codes are available and the main new features of the open version are the language packages and the possibility to add sound, thanks to the sequencer.
Version 2.34 has been recently released and brings a cancelling possibility plus a new design.
We invite you to dive on LinuxGraphic’s Web site, a gold mine for beginners and much, much more...
Sur le Framablog
- Apprendre le Web avec Mozilla Webmaker (4)
- Framasoft présente : Vosges Opération Libre, le 17 et 18 mai à Gérardmer
- Le Geektionnerd a 5 ans
- Le nouveau cursus de notre école d'ingêneur
- Apprendre le Web avec Mozilla webmaker (3)
- Error 404
- Verrou sur document
- Cherche solution d'économie d'énergie
- AGPL : à partir de quand demander les sources
- Install party samedi 19 avril 2014 @nnexe Paris gare de Lyon
- APL Apéro Parisien du Libre du 15 avril 2014
- fonction embed impossible avec l'https
- Android owncloud DAVdroid ???
- aCal aCalTasks syncronisation owncloud
Juste une image
- Creative Commons BY-SA